Sunday, September 22, 2013

This time seemed like a dream, too- originally posted on xanga Oct. 2010

[
I thought my 2nd Muse concert might not affect me the same way, but it did. In many ways it was even better, the #1 one reason being the Muse friends who came to visit. I met great Musers in Chicago too,and met even more this time,  but Nat, Catherine and Renee  and I have been very close online already, so it was extra special to have this experience with them. We were all too excited to eat or sleep properly, Nat even drove all night from Texas to get here in time to line up, here we are early in the morning in front of Target Center

Starbucks was handy and accommodating, they let us use the bathrooms all day and were rewarded with lots of food & beverage purchases. Just when we were thinking  it was taking too long to get to the projected high of 70, Target Center  let us line up inside

that was still early in the day, about  5 pm a lot more people showed up and it started getting rowdy. I think that's what gave security the dumb idea to open a second door when they let us into the arena , which allowed people who had arrived late to shove in front of people who had waited all daysad but my group still made it to the barrier! The security guys at the front were very cool , and one of them took this for us, from left, Renee, Catherine, Natalia & me.

we had passed some of time waiting making this goofy flag, it's an inside Muse joke, not sure the guys noticed it though,

after getting through support act Passion Pit (OK but I am not looking for their cds) and testing out my camera a bit, the towers finally lit up and we started with Exogenesis rather then Uprising this time. And my new camera got a few pictures worth showing despite the extreme shoving coming from my left side

though I was sleep deprived among other things, suddenly I had tons of energy and was jumping up and down, screaming and singing along, yet also trying to make sure Natalia did not get shoved too much because she knows what she's doing with her camera, here is her set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eratoamused/sets/72157624991357365/
The crowd seemed more enthusiastic than Chicago, and to some extent , Muse did too, though this was a pretty small gig for them. I did notice the acoustics were not as good though,some distortion, especially on the piano based songs

Overall, it was simply amazing musicianship and energy, I mostly did not notice whether certain songs were played or not, just thoroughly enjoyed each one. Feeling Good sounded especially sensual this time.

and though I felt we got more than our money's worth, of course it also felt like it was over too soon. They closed with the first Muse song I ever heard (on Ted's mp3 player) Take A Bow

Catherine got a setlist (more on the sig coming up)

Then we got some merchandise, those whose phones could do so tweeted our euphoria, then it was time for some "stalking" laughing We hung around the tour buses, hoping to get a chance to say hello and thank you. And while Matt, Dom & Chris stayed hidden  ( there was one drunk guy being unruly so I don't blame them) Morgan (their extra musician for live shows)  was spotted at the bar across the street,and we got to meet Tom Kirk! Tom is like a 4th member of the band, takes care of all the visuals and is a long time mate of the guys. So we got to chat a bit...
mostly saying how happy we were with the show. Tom was kind enough to sign Catherine's setlist and

Nat's shoulder!! LOL
We hung around a little longer, but the buses finally pulled away for their show in Milwaukee the next night.
One thing I was able to see here that I could not in Chicago was how many trucks they have and how hard the crew works setting up. It really does take all day, and must be a neat trick to get it down and packed up for a show the very next day.
It was so sad to drop Renee off at her hotel (she travelled with her hubby) I got to keep Nat & Catherine a little longer and feed them some breakfast before they set off for another Muse show in Oklahoma City, hope we can all do this again some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment